Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Protocol Day 20th Sept 08

Thanks again to Robyn Bruderer for assisting with our competition preparation. It really is beneficial and we become aware of new things each time. Hopefully we can learn from these new experiences.
Vaulter Task:
Below is the video of the team compulsories. Each vaulter is to add comments on the blog - just click on "comments" tag. Please list 2 things you did really well in your compulsories, and 2 things you would like to improve. Try to make the things that you would like to improve, achieveable by the Nationals in October. (So that definately excludes things like performing triple somersaults!).
Your reward will be that I will post the next video that I have of you. i.e. your individual compulsories. After you leave comments on your individual compulsories then I will post your freestyle. Ok lets see if we can get some good feedback happening. (And it gives me a bit more time to get all the videos loaded on).

Team Compulsories

Giselle compulsories

6 comments:

Lyn Lynch said...

Ok I will start...
Positives:
1. I kept Louis in canter the whole way thru, with regular beat.
2. I kept him out on the circle even though he was scared at first of the tarp on the outside.
Improvements:
1. Slower, steadier canter needed.
2. Lower frame; he was above the bit and hollow at times.

Krystle said...

positives:
1. first mount had nice lines and decent hieght.
2. Mill posture was nice

Neatives:
1. flag. the whole thing.... i need to concentrate on absoprtion when i do it even if i am tired. could very well be at Nats and it cant be an excuse!
2. stand was slightly behind the vertical. not a 10! again... dont 'give in' because i am tired. JUST DO IT!

Krystle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyn Lynch said...

ok, one rule.. there are no "negatives". only things that need improving. So lets try and use the word "Improvements" or similar.

Mell said...

Positives :

1) My Block B mount, I thought my leg and my body movement was alot more above the horse, because in the first mount you can see my leg bounce of his back, which means I'm clearly not over him, DAMN IT !

2) My Stand I thought was better

Improvements :

1) Again my Stand, I thought it was alot better then normal, there were no steps ( I dont think ) however I need to still tuck my ba donka donk ( My Butt ) under....

2 ) Hmmmmm, I thought my outside elbow in flag was a bit better ? Although I do need to absorb and bend it and straighten my shoulders and blah be blah be blah
hehehehehehe :-)

Lyn Lynch said...

* Gold Star for Mell. (or should I give you the sparkley pink one)